Sr. Director Engineering (Full Time) Seeking candidates in the Greater Philadelphia area only.
Location: Conshohocken, PA
Position Type: Full-Time
Job Pay Rate: Depends on Experience
Relocation Expenses: No
Integress helps companies accelerate their cloud data & analytics, machine learning and AI capabilities to stay competitive in this ever-changing environment. By working alongside CxOs, Integress helps meet business outcomes of increased revenue and profit, competitive advantages, new revenue streams, and sustained customer value. Integress provides unique offerings that combine business consulting and deep data experience to seamlessly drive data initiatives from strategy to execution. We are a rapidly growing firm and expect to double the size of our company over the next year.
Are you passionate about data and delivering solutions for clients that turn data into valuable, actionable information for their business?
We are seeking a strong Sr. Director Engineering who is intelligent, hard-working, and excited about helping shape the technology direction for Integress and our clients. The ideal candidate is one who is intellectually curious, a person who has a very solid technical foundation, and proven experience leveraging the latest and greatest cloud data engineering solutions to support business intelligence, analytics, machine learning, and AI.
The main responsibility of this role is to implement Data solutions based upon on a Cloud-based Enterprise Data Warehouse in support of business intelligence and advanced analytics. This requires a unique combination of skills: the ability to craft a technical solution from a strategic vision; the hands-on ability to drive execution by leading a team of data, software and infrastructure engineers; the proven ability to adapt to new technologies and techniques; and the ability to work effectively with agile project teams of data strategists, data engineers, data scientists, and business intelligence developers.
This candidate is one who is a well-rounded technologist and mentor, with good communication and relationship building skills. The advantage of working for Integress is that we are all about cloud data & analytics. You will be exposed to many technologies and unique challenges with like-minded, passionate people.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field. Commensurate work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years of managing, developing, and deploying scalable enterprise data solutions (Enterprise Data Warehouses, Data Marts, ETL/ELT workloads, etc.)
- 5+ years’ experience writing complex SQL queries, stored procedures, etc. as well as developing data models
- 2+ years of hands-on experience developing and deploying scalable data solutions using MPP databases (Redshift, Snowflake, or Azure Synapse Analytics), data storage (S3 or Azure Blob Storage) and analytics platforms (i.e. Spark, Databricks, etc.).
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience managing a large project team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate highly technical concepts in business terms and articulate business value of adopting cloud data technologies
- Experience working with different types of data – structured, unstructured, and semi-structured in batch and real-time
- Experience in database migration, database replication, and Change Data Capture (CDC) technologies
- Experience in architecting and implementing Disaster Recovery and High Availability for critical data stores, data pipelines and supporting infrastructures
- Experience implementing streaming architectures using Message Brokers, Kafka, and/or SparkStream to implement near real time data integration
- 3+ years of working in a enterprise grade GUI ETL/ELT tool or using an iPaaS or ESB for Data Integrations
- Experience implementing a SDLC for database development, including integration
- Experience in Python, SCALA, JAVA, bash, and/or PowerShell scripting
- 3+ years of supporting business intelligence and analytic projects
- 3+ years’ experience with code versioning tools (SVN, Git, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working at a consulting company
- DevOps/DataOps experience as well as Agile methods and tools
- CDMP, DMC, CBIP, CDVP2 or other Data Certification
- AWS or Azure infrastructure, networking, and storage experience
- Software development experience
If your qualifications meet our job exceptions, please submit your resume.
Qualified candidates will be pre-screened and be required to go through a formal interview process.
Direct candidates only. Not accepting resumes from recruiters.
This is an excellent time to join Integress. We are experiencing tremendous growth in our cloud data & analytics strategy and implementation services, as well our managed analytics service platform. This hire will join a team that works well together and has an enormous amount of experience to share. He/she will have the opportunity to work directly with the partners and principals of Integress who have years of industry experience architecting large-scale, enterprise systems for Fortune 1000 companies. Integress combines big-company expertise and clientele with the more personal environment of a boutique company. It is an ideal place for anyone who wants to work on interesting and exciting projects and increase their knowledge and skill-level.
Integress offers competitive compensation and benefits package.